CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Frustration

Well I totally jinxed myself. A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving break I said that my class was doing a good job of listening and following directions. I felt like they had truly made a come around and I was SO proud of MYSELF for all the hard work....

Sidenote: Every morning before work, I would pray for paitience. I would ask God to help me with my class and to give me paitience with my students.

So the week of Thanksgiving, I was telling Tim (Aaron's dad) about this. He says to me: "You know when you ask God for paitience, he will throw something at you to test it."

Well... he has done that to me this week and I feel like I totally failed. I took a personal day yesterday and came back to a complete mess...

Just some things I'm dealing with:

1. A student that will NOT sit anywhere and is ALL over my room.
- Pulled 2 different girls' hair
- Poked a 2nd grader with his fork at lunch
- Bit a another student's finger
*** This is just from today!!!!
2. A student that has Asberger's-- been hitting other students and yelling at them.
3. A student that is gifted --- can read ANYTHING you put in front of her, does 2nd grade math and writes the correct way(not phonetically) and NOTHING is being done.
4. A student that makes noises NON STOP
5. A student that is extremely low and doesn't come to school until 12 almost every day b/c she's not sleeping at night....
6. A student who is all over the place and can't focus to get things done (YES a different one).

This is just to name a few... Man I miss my class from last year. Ok, so I'm done complaining. I know, I just need to pray more! About 1:00 today I realized what God was doing. So I took some deep breaths and tried again. I know it's all in my attitude, but MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Any prayers wouldn't hurt! It's so hard when you have days/weeks like this and then all you want is to be home with your baby! I'm sure it will get better. It has to, right????

1 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Shannon, I feel your frustration! I can totally relate! But I have to tell you, just the fact that you are praying for patience every day shows what a wonderful teacher you are to these kids. And when I sat in your room last week, I could see that patience being tested! My favorite: your little guy sitting backwards in his chair, tipping it back and "riding" it like a bucking horse, singing "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it..." I know you didn't find it as funny as we did, (or funny at all) but it's just one of those times where you almost have to laugh at the craziness of it all and ask "Is this really my life?!"

Hang in there. You are doing a great job. Enjoy your weekend, because you know next week will be even crazier. :)