CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Farm

For those of you who don't know, Eli loves farms! Any where we're going in the car, he's asking if we're going to the farm to see cows, horses and ride of tractors! So it was easy to pick a birthday theme this year...tractors! Anyways, today we went to Wichita and I went to this store called Once Upon a Child. It has nice, gently used clothes/toys, etc. I got Eli some summer clothes, then we saw it. It was a barn with animals. This is the "old school" kind! The kind when you open the doors it makes mooing sounds or horse neigh sounds! It's great! So when he was SO excited to see it, I couldn't resist getting it for him. Plus I felt bad b/c we had just spent an hour at Home Depot and he did really well. Well...all the way home he was asking to play with it. We had some screams and tears b/c he couldn't! But, we got inside and he's been playing with it ever since! Going on 40 minutes now! I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time getting him to eat lunch and go down for a nap!!




4 comments:

Amy said...

We have that exact set. We bought it for Sophie's first birthday. We now have a huge box of Little People stuff to go along with it! I actually picked up a cute little tube at Dillons for Lawson's Easter basket. It has 2 people and a cow, I think. $4, maybe?

Allen and Debby Graber said...

When you said "old school" I thought it was the one we have - it is Fisher Price and the door moos when you open it. It is MUCH older than the Little People farm set. We got it for our son, Josh's first Christmas (30 years ago). This year, Hallmark had the Christmas ornament of it. I had to buy it. Yup, the door opens and it says "Moo". Our kids grew up loving farms too since Grandpa and Grandma Graber lived on a farm outside Pretty Prairie.

Aaron and Shannon said...

Debby--- that's what I thought it was...the fisher price one! Goes to show you how much I pay attention!!

Kara Janzen said...

I love it! I can't wait to watch Braden grow and "play" farm!