CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Song

I usually listen to Christian music in the car. A lot of the times I listen to 99.1, but lately I've had people give me a few cd's with awesome songs on them and I've been listening to those. It has started to be part of my devotional time on my way to work. Eli and I drive to Grandma's house and sing songs. Eli even knows some of the words and it's so cute to hear him sing them!

It helps me focus for my day. I've even noticed that through out the day I'll be humming a song from that morning and it just makes me feel relaxed and know that God is with me as I'm working with these precious little 5-6 year olds. I say a little prayer for them and the day and move on...

So, today I was listening to one of the cd's and for some reason, this song really stuck out to me. It's called, "Your Name." Here is the chorus:
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
‘Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your Name

It really made my heart sing...how true are these words.
He is my strong and mighty tower
He is a shelter like no other
NOTHING has the power to save, but HIS name.

I am so thankful that I have God in my life.
I am so thankful that my husband has God in his life.
I am so thankful that we are raising our child to know God and pray that he will also someday make the same decision that we have.


2 comments:

The Sieberts said...

i love that song too :)

Amy said...

awesome song.