CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Relay for Life

Friday night I had the privelage of participating in Relay for Life! It was a lot of fun! Yes....I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and YES.....I was walking! I did a lot of walking, in fact, probably too much! My 4am, I was done! My feet hurt and my stomach was starting to cramp! This baby had had enough, so I packed up and came home. Apparently just before the rain hit!

We started off the race with the "Survivor's Walk." Our team was made up of South Breeze teachers. We were helping celebrate these 2 fabulous ladies that we get the privelage of working with every day!

They kept things upbeat by offering lots of activities to help keep you awake! The first one being a 3-legged race!

Jamie and Arissa

Seth and Sarah

Eli and Aaron!

And the winner was:

They also had a pie eating contest. Which actually was just whipped cream! Torri did this one for us! She did great!

With all of the fun we were having, we were there for a reason. To help raise money to find a cure of this nasty desease called cancer. At 10 o'clock, all the luminary bags were lit and the lights went off to remember people that not only are survivors, but those who lost their fight.

Rick McFarlane....a friend of mine's dad who lost his fight a year ago. He also worked with Aaron at the Fire Dept.

Sweet baby Cora McClenahan....at age 11 months lost her battle.

Here is a look at the track lit up with luminaries. This part of the evening was a little sad, but motivating to keep walking. Even though I was tired and my feet hurt, that pain was NOTHING compared to what people who have cancer have to go through.

I'm glad I could be a part of such a special evening. I would encourage more people to participate in this event.

0 comments: